Inspiring advances in the science and practice of sustainable forestry
Welcome to Silviculture Research International.
This is the website of Edward (Ted) Wilson, Silviculturist, Forest Conservationist and Internationalist. My work is concerned with the sustainable management and conservation of northern forests, both in the temperate and boreal regions.
Please follow the links for information about my practice, projects and other resources:
- Practice – more about my work and interests, and contact details – link here
- Project – archive of projects, articles, presentations and conference posters – link here
- Resources – links to forestry and forest conservation information – link here
Forestry beyond Borders – Silviculture Research International,
dedicated to partnership and cooperation
- Forest plant health conference, Castle Archdale, Co. Fermanagh, Ireland (10 04 2018, Society of Irish Foresters)
- First new species of temperate conifer tree discovered in more than a decade. (30 01 2018, National Geographic)
- International PhD students at U of T to pay domestic tuition fees (24 01 2018, Faculty of Forestry, University of Toronto)
- Conference Announcement: 11th IUFRO Workshop on Uneven-aged Silviculture: Challenges for Increasing Adaptability (12-18 Nov 2018, Chile) (IUFRO)
- Career opportunities in forestry posted by Coillte, Ireland
- Northern Forest: Plan to plant ‘ribbon of woodland’ across England (07 01 2018, BBC)
- New report: A Forestry Skills Study for England and Wales (12 12 2017, Forestry Skills Forum) [full report] [executive summary]
- The Foresting of the West, trees are covering more of the land in rich countries (The Economist).
More News here
“Our Laboratory is the Forest!”