Inspiring Advances in the Science and Practice of Forestry
Now in our 22nd year, Silviculture Research International is dedicated to advancing the science and practice of silviculture, especially its application to sustainable forest management and conservation in temperate and boreal regions. Please follow the links for further information:
- Practice – practice information and contact details – link here
- Project – projects, knowledge transfer, articles, presentations, images – link here
- Resources – links to information about forestry and forest conservation – link here
Silviculture Research International is currently delivering projects in Ireland, the United Kingdom, the European Union and Canada.
- Wilson, E. 2019. The risk to woodland of putting wolves and bears back together. Letter to Editor. The Guardian. Print: The Journal Section, p. 7, 20 July 2019. Online: URL: https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/jul/19/the-risk-to-woodland-of-putting-wolves-and-bears-back-together, 19 July 2019.
- Leslie, A. D., M. Mencuccini, M. P. Perks and E. R. Wilson. 2019. A review of the suitability of eucalypts for short rotation forestry for energy in the UK. New Forests: DOI: 10.1007/s11056-019-09717-w
- Guest and invited lectures announced for University of Toronto and University of New Brunswick, Canada, October 2019.
- Early Stages of Transformation to Continuous Cover Forestry (CCF) in Farm Forest conifer plantations – Pro Silva Ireland, 12 June 2019.
- Pro Silva Ireland Open Forest Day at TranSSFor Ballycullen Forest, 27 April 2019.
- First two Pro Silva Ireland Continuous Cover Forestry Training Days a Success – Pro Silva Ireland, 3 April 2019.
- FORTHCOMING Forest Resilience Advanced Summer School. Swiss Forest Lab. Davos, Switzerland. 18-24 August 2019.
- Silviculture Training Plots for Continuous Cover Forestry: the Irish Marteloscope Programme. Joint Teagasc/ISN/EFI Meeting. Carlow and Ashtown, Ireland. 14-15 February 2019.
- Tree Marker Training – Early Transformation to Continuous Cover Forestry (CCF) in Sitka spruce. 2-day short course, Kilteel Forest and Naas, Co Kildare, Ireland. LATEST COURSES: 4-5 September 2019 and 11-12 September 2019. NOW FULLY BOOKED, PLACES AVAILABLE ON WAIT LIST. See links for further information here; course outline here.
- FORTHCOMING Wilson, E. R. 2019. Silviculture and Sustainable Forestry Lectures. School of Forestry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada. 15-21 October 2019.
- Wilson, E. R. 2019. From tree crops to natural woodland: continuous cover forestry and re-wilding. Conference Presentation. Opportunities and Issues in Re-wilding Conference. Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield, United Kingdom. 22-23 May 2019.
- Wilson, E. R., I. Short, Á. Ní Dhubháin, P. Purser and P. O’Tuama. 2019. Transformation of Sitka spruce stands to continuous cover forestry: the TranSSFor thinning study, Ballycullen, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. Pro Silva Ireland Open Forest Day. 27 April 2019.
- Wilson, E. R. 2019. Tree and woodland health in Cumbria. Cumbria Wildlife Trust, Sedbergh, Cumbria, England. 09 January 2019.